STDs - International Expert Forum
Syphilis

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Syphilis

Dear Doctor,

I am 37-year old German (please excuse my English), married, two kids and totally at the end of my rope.
On July, 3rd I did a stupid thing and booked 15 minutes with an Eastern European prostitute in Brussels.
We had deep, french kissing, oral sex (she gave me a *******) and vaginal sex.
From the very first to the last minute with a condom which obviously did not break (would I have noticed that?).

Only 2 days afterwards, I had burning after peeing and my family doctor treated this with antibiotics.
He also examinded my blood and urine,  found increased leucozytes in blood and blood in urine, the blood in the urine was gone after 1 week, my blood was not checked again.
Please note that I went to my doctor only beginning of August, i.e. 4 weeks after my visit at the prostitute.
Two weeks ago, I noticed a hard small bump at my hard palate which is still there, approx. big as pinhead.
Originally, it did not hurt, but after my excessive treatment with my fingernails it does.
Furthermore, I had last week for one day only 102 F fever, without any other symptoms.

I am totally down, I examine my body almost the whole day, search the internet re symptoms...
Could I have contracted HIV or Syphilis (my fear) or any other STD?

Please help, I haven't kissed my wife for 2 months now and of course no sexual intercourse, if I would pass on a STD to her, it would be the end of my life....
Thank you so much!
Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our forum.
If a condom breaks or come off, you would normally notice this.  Therefore it sounds that the condom remained in place and this is considered safe sex.  However your received unprotected oral sex, which certainly involves certain risks, including Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea and NSU (Non-Specific Urethritis).  It seems that you might have contracted possibly NSU from your symptoms and the tests carried out.  There is no risk form kissing; certianly no risk of HIV and highly unlikely of syphilis.  Your symptoms are not consistent with any of these.
What you need is peace of mind.  Therefore it might be advisable for you to have a full STD screening.  This way you can be able to move on.
Best wishes,
Dr José