STDs - International Expert Forum
Unprotected Oral scare

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Unprotected Oral scare

Dear doctors,

I'm a 30 year-old expat living in Shanghai. 6 days ago after an evening of partying and drinking I had an encounter with a (rather old) prostitute (F), which started as a handjob and she gave me an unprotected ******* for about a minute before I got my mind back,stopped the whole thing and left. I'm in a relationship, never sollicited this particular services before, but I guess alcohol made me believe it was a very fine way to end the night. I took a shower within 15 minutes of the encounter (if that matters).

1) It's been 6 days now and I haven't experienced any symptoms of potential STD, beside having a small irregular discomfort in my urethra, but not when I'm peeing. I don't have any visible discharge or sore. What are the actual chances of having caught anything, and can the discomfort be only result of stress and too much focus on my penis in this moment, as it seems to happen when I'm stressing over it as opposed to being busy?
2) I started a 3-day course of Cipro 500 (twice a day) as a "prevention" in the 72 hours following the incident. Is that enough to have eradicated any potential germ development? Can the discomfort be caused by Cipro?
3) As I said, I am in a relationship. I had protected sex with my girlfriend in the 72 hours following the incident, not involving any unprotected activity of any sort. Is she at risk?
I am in a bit of a panic as I'd rather not disclose the incident to my girlfriend and wife-to-be, and take it as a lesson learned. Thank you for your help
Receving fellatio without protection involves the following risks: Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Non-Specific Urethritis, and even syphilis, if this lady had any of these infections in her mouth or thorat.  An if that was the case, they are highly infectious and very easy to catch.  Your symptoms could be related to one of these.  However these infections can be present without any symptoms as they can be silent.  Ciprofloxacin might treat some, but not all of these.  Therefore I woudl advise you to get tested or at least treated with 1g Azithromycin and an intramuscular injection of 500mg Ceftriaxone, which would cover the vast majority of these possible infections.  if you had protected intercourse with your girlfriend , there would be no rsik to her.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Dear Doctor,

Thank you for your answer. Can you be more specific about what Ciprofloxacin might have treated? I believe I can get 1g Azithromycin but would have a harder time to get an intramuscular injection of Ceftriaxione. Any alternative?
Best,