STDs - International Expert Forum
Unprotected Oral
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to STDs including: Chlamydia, crabs, gonorrhea, HPV, PID, penis discharge, syphilis, testicular infections, urethritis, vaginosis, genital warts, yeast infection. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unprotected Oral

I received unprotected oral from CSW about 7 months ago. I was tested and was told by doctors I’m ok. Some symptoms have made me worried again.

I’ve had a recurrent sore and very swollen throat with high fever. It’s happened about every 2 months after my risky encounter, each time lasting about 4-5 days to come and go. I’ve also had ongoing ear ringin which has made me worried again about syphilis or other STDs, given that this happened in a third world country with higher syphillis (syphilis) levels. I’ve had also the following symptoms: - a couple of blisters right after my “risky” encounter, which I now think they might have just been normal and I just got it confused due to anxiety, a small abrasion in the shaft at about 18 weeks, it stung during the shower and resolved completely about 2 or 3 days later, it might have been caused by friction with hair after rough masturbation. I have put a lot of attention to my genitals and my body in general, so I doubt I missed other symptoms like rashes or a chancre.
I have the following questions:

1. Could I have syphilis that has gone undetected? I did RPR tests at 2, 8 and 10 weeks. Then VDRL at 13 weeks and RPR at 19, 23 and 26 weeks. I also had an FTA-ABS at 23 weeks and a TPPA at 26 weeks. All negative. How likely are False Negative results in my case?

2. I self-prescribed 1g Zithromax at 11 weeks. Could this have had the effect of false negative test results? Could Zithromax cause the ear-ringin?

3. Are there any other STDs that could cause similar symptoms? I had a negative 4th gen HIV test at 3 months, several urinalysis before and after the zithromax showed no WBCs in urine and a had a negative 4-week chlamydia/gonorrhea NAA urine test.

4. Is it ok for me to have unprotected sex with my stable partner?
1024580_tn?1331577721
Hello,
Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our forum.  I will answer each of your questions here below:
1.) No, you definitely do not have Syphilis.  All those negative test results at those time periods are fully conclusive.
2.) That will cover you for Chlamydi and other bacterial infections.  It will not have any effect in the reliability of the Syphilis tests.  Tinnitus is not a recognised side effect of this antibiotic, as far as I know.
3.) I do not believe so.  I do not think that these symptoms are related to this sexual encounter.
4.) You seem to have been tested negative for all STDs.  Therefore there would be no risk of transmitting any STDs to your partner.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
936016_tn?1332769204
Dr Sean CummingsBlank
FreedomHealth
London,
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker