Very short unprotected - should get tested?
Hi Doc,

I had an accident with KTV girl in Bangkok. I was fully intoxicated and took the girl back to the hotel. She is a 26 years old casual CSW. Her STD status is unknown. We had shower and an unprotected oral where she appeared to have reached orgasm (cunnilingus on the clit only and finger insertion). The stupidity came after when I had inserted my penis into her vagina. It was very brief i.e around five strokes in 5-7 seconds max. I came to my sense and put on a condom to finish it off.

I am now dead worry as I have to go home to my wife and she would expect an unprotected sex very soon. It has been two days now and I have no sign of STD and feeling healthy. From your evaluation of the exposure do you think I should get tested?
Hello

Yes, you should be tested for HIV, syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhoea and hepatitis B.

In the UK you can be tested for chlamydia and gonorrhoea from 7 days and HIV, syphilis and hepatitis B from 28 days. I am not sure from your post where you live. I would strongly suggest that you test before you have unprotected sex with your wife.

best wishes, Sean
Hi Doc,

So there's a HIV risk even from very brief exposure?