what could it be
I had unprotected oral sex in brazil a little over three weeks ago.  The next day I began to feel I needed to urinate a lot.  There was no burning but I did begin to feel sensation at tip of penis, like a grain of sand stuck there.  After six days I went to doctor and he gave me Ciprox for 5 days.  I still had symptoms ( burning not during urination but later on, sometimes pressure on testicle)  HE told me do a test.  I did a urine culture two days after the Ciprox was finished and it came out totally negative. I did not do a specific test for any particular disease, but the test showed no bacteria and all wbc and rbc normal.  The doctor then told me to take 5 days azithromyacin ( one a day)  I did it, the symptoms improved a lot but not 100 percent.  I then went to another doctor who told me that I definitely did not have gonorhea but I could still have chlamydia because sometimes chlamydia is not wiped out with azithromyacin.  I am now on a 7 day course of doxycycline ( finished three days) .  Symptoms seem to be improving but not 100 percent.  I never had any discharge but the second doctor  examined me and said that I actually had some kind of discharge which was not pus, but something that only appeared after he bent the penis backwards. How long can it take for a chlamydia infection to disappear and do I need to be tested for that after having taken all these antibiotics?
Hello Chayanat, I'm sorry to have missed your post and of course to be late.

I see obviously that you were treated with cipro, doxycycline and then azithromycin. The last two will be active against chlamydia and the cipro may or may not - depending on resistance patterns - be effective against gonorrhoea. In general most of us would not recommend cipro for an STD these days.

There are other organisms that may be relevant and the key seems to be that you have not been tested. I would suggest that you test for chlamdia, gonorrhoea, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, and herpes and then treat accordingly.

Remember though that if you did have one of these and you were successfully treated the symptoms might take a little longer to abate.

kind regards, Sean
HI,  I paid for a response to the above questions and so far I have received nothing.  My symptoms have improved significantly in the last two days.  I want to know how long after I complete the course of medicine I should wait to have a test.  Also I want to know how long i need to wait before i can safely have sex without fear of transmitting to another person.
thanks.
HI,

All of my symptoms stopped after I finished the course of Azithromycin.  It has been almost two weeks and I dont feel anything.

I went to see a doctor here in new york and he examined me completely and said I had no symptoms of anything and that it was unnecessary to test.  He said that all the antibiotics I had taken would wipe out all the things you mentioned.  I never developed any visible symptom of herpes.

Do you agree that it is not necessary to test?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.