About Syphilis test form 1 : 64 to 1 : 128 after treated
Dear Dr

i got test on 30 - 11 - 12, with the result :  VDRL  : 1 : 64 and TPHA : 1 : 10240. The docter said i was infected Syphilis ( stadium 2 ). i treated with penicillin for 3 weeks, and wait for 1 month to another test.
so, i got second test on 19 - 01- 13. here's the result, VDRL : 1 :128 and TPHA : 1 : 2040. what stuck in my mind is, how come the score is skyrocketing after i got treat ?
your titers are all coming down which is what they do. you really don't need to test again any time soon unless you have a new partner and you completed your treatment. I assume you had shots of penicillin , ,not pills?

grace
i'm actually blind on this thing. If you don't mind, could you explain me "your titers are all coming down which is what they do". as i see my titter from 1 : 64 goes to 1:128. i assume they became hight right ?

yes, i had shots of penicillin
your tpha is going down and we prefer that test over the vdrl.

you might test + for syphilis for a lifetime. we rely on decreasing titers as a way of determining if you contracted it again or not. we don't even recommend retesting after treatment like this since thankfully syphilis still responds well to penicillin therapy.  I wouldn't bother with more testing unless you find out you've been exposed from another partner.