Azithromycin for Gonorrhea
Someone posted on this site that Azithromycin will not cure Gonorrhea, however I read on the Pfizer web site that it will cure gonorrhea and chlamydia. So my question is, will a 2 gram dose of Azithromycin cure both Gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
Yeah along with a 7 to 10 day course of Doxy for Chlamydia. Did you get an injection of Rochpine, that usually clears up the Gonorrhea
It MIGHT cure it, but chances are, it won't.  Several strains of gonorrhea are now pretty much resistant to many medications, including azithromycin.

The CDC ONLY recommends treatment with Rocephin (ceftriaxone) or a few other selected medications.  Azithromycin is not on the list.

Aj
Oh and its really helpful if you can keep all your posts to one thread, so we don't have to keep checking other threads for your history.

Aj
This study concluded that azithromycin 1g single dose was quite effective in curing gonorrhea.

"This paper describes the efficacy of azithromycin 1g single dose in the management of uncomplicated gonorrhoea either with or without chlamydial co-infection. Three hundred and one patients were treated for gonorrhoea between January 2000 and June 2001; 226/301 (75.1%) were treated with azithromycin 1g stat dose while the rest were treated with different regimens. Ninety-seven of 301 (32.2%) of all isolated strains were found to be resistant to at least one antibiotic where penicillin constituted the majority (23%). Chlamydial co-infection was found in 38.2% (115/301). Only 73.1% (220/301) attended for a test-of-cure, all but six patients had negative gonorrhoea cultures at their reviews. Among the six failures 3/32 (9.3%) were initially on amoxicillin, 2/170 (1.2%) on azithromycin and 1/22 (4.5%) on ciprofloxacin. Hence, azithromycin stat dose has proved to be a cost-effective treatment for uncomplicated gonorrhoea supported by the increased prevalence of penicillin-resistant organisms, concomitant chlamydial infection and the high failure rate in keeping review appointments."
I would like to hear others thoughts on Lostandscaredtx post.
I was just prescribed the same treatment by my doctor.
This is from the CDC: Recommended Regimens

Ceftriaxone 125 mg IM in a single dose
Cefixime 400 mg orally in a single dose or 400 mg by suspension (200 mg/5ml)