CAN U GET HEP C FROM SWEAT?
Hi I know a few people in my life that have hep c my question is can it be passed from sweat?I do know its passed through blood.Please if anyone know please respond thanks
I don't think it is, but the best place to ask this is in the hep community. See the link above for forums, click on it and scroll to hep c and post this there. They will have the best info for you.
Hep C and B are both blood borne, and are caught in the same manner as HIV, through unprotected sex and through sharing of needles, Hep C is a much hardier virus than HIV and can survive much better in the environment, Hep A (much less serve than B or C) is mainly transmitted through faecal matter, for example some goes to the bathroom does wash hands and prepares you some food.
Hep c cannot be transmitted through sweat and in fact it is very rare to be transmitted through sex. there would have to be blood involved from the person with hep c and the non infected would have to have an open wound. Hep C is a silent disease and one with hep c can live a normal life without any symtoms.I have had hep c for over 10 years and yet to have any scarring in my liver. I also have a beautiful healty child that is hep c negative. There are diffrent genotypes of hep c and some can progress faster then others however. Most people with hep c die from other issures or old age. You have nothing to worry about. Just love and support your friends and treat them no diffrent. Do not share toothbrushes or razors, nail cutters ect... You are even safe to hug and kiss them.
thanks for the feedback:)I just want to be aware:)
Hepatitis C is not an STD
i had hep c 4 years ago, i went through treatment and i am now clear of it. i went through an educational class about the virus and it cannot be transferred through sweat or drinking after someone etc only by blood and sometimes through un protected sex, i  got pregnant when i was hep c positive and it never transferred to my child either, but you should always be causious...
This is a very old post!
i know i realized that afterwards