Can STD prevent someone from getting a healthcare job
I am writing a paper on contraversial hospital policies and a sociology teacher told me about a policy where if a person has a "certain" STD that it can prevent them from getting a job at a hospital or in the healthcare career.

I have looked in alot of places to see if this is true or even legal and my last step before consulting hospital management is asking web sites, such as this, to see if anyone knows anything about it. I have found zero information on such policies and wondering if its even true, and if so which "certain" std's can prevent someone from getting a job in healthcare?

thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.
Your going to have to ask a hospital. This is a STD risk assestment site.
will having any std keep you from working in healthcare? Well it depends on the health care job.   typically hiv is the only one and they only limit some procedures you can be involved in. no other std is an issue.

is there a specific std you were concerned about?

grace
no, I am just wondering which ones can hold you back, my sociology teacher wasnt specific on which "certain" std's can prevent you from getting a healthcare job.
your sociology teacher was probably trying to scare you folks into not having sex :(