Chlamidya & Prostatitis
Hello All,

I had unprotected sex on Feb. 22, 2008. I went to get a test on the 13th of April (11 Weeks after exposure) for HIV / Shiphilys and Prostate. I came back negative for all and my prostate was find, but the doctor told me I had Prostatitis. I have read that this may be cause by an STD. I am getting a clear liquid from my penis, but you can hardly considered it as a discharge, since is just a bit for my tip of the penis to look shiny. He gave me Cipro 500 Mg. every 12 Hours for 15 days. I took them, but the pain in my groin continues and the discharge as well. He told me and I have read that this could all be symptoms of prostatitis, but I am a bit confuse because of the mini discharge.

My question to you all is the following:

1) Can this be Chlamidya? If so, can Cipro 500 Mg. be a treatment for a month?

2) Is my HIV 11 Week Negative Result be conclusive?

Thank You
I'm in the somewhat same situation as you I had unprotected sex on the 14th of Feb 2008 and ever since then it has been a mess, I had a cystoscopy done and the urologist made it worse and I am going to another urologist next week for a second opinion, list all of your symptoms for me, do you have trouble or urethral pain after urination symptoms of prostatitits because that is what my doctor diagnose me but I dont think I have it. I think I have a stricture/scarring of some kind

thank you and god bless
I have no Idea what I have, but yeah, I do have some pain in my penis randomly, not after going to the bathroom. Do you think my HIV Test after 11 weeks is conclusive?
Yeah 11 weeks is plenty of time for the disease to occur in your system but Im no doctor, the test came back negative so you are clean
All of your symptoms are in line with prostatitis, and if you are still having symptoms, and they are getting worse, you need to go back to your doctor.

Aj
I doubt its chlamydia, by the way, and yes, your HIV test at 11 weeks is accurate.

Aj
Thank you this has been the good news of the day. I'll go to the doctor next month when my Prescription has ended for Cipro. Rgds, MO
If you look up the info for testing dr HHH writes that testing rates for accuracy are 6 weeks 95%, 8 weeks 98%, 12 weeks 99.9% from everything I have read. If you feel the need test again at six months but you should be clear. The issues that cause some to instruct everyone to test test and retest involve covering themselves against those that might be immunocompromised and not show antibodies right away. (ie. If you have had chemo).
The prostate issue well is interesting. Voiding while sitting, urinating and lifting can put some pressure on the prostate which can cause the discharge your refering to. The discharge can be scant or copious. I''m dealing with the same issue right now and this is what I have gleamed from my urologist. I have done 14 days of Doxy, 30 days of cipro (BAD side effects - floxing of my sciatic) and 6 weeks of bactrim. Still have some discharge but none of the other symptoms I had to begin with. T.G.  Hope that helps, all the best.