Chlamydia untreated for 3 years
After having increasing excessive amounts of vaginal discharge for the past few years I eventually faced up to the fact that I had to be tested. I took a home test for chlamydia and it is positive. I am married and the only time I could have got chlamydia is over 3 years ago. My husband got tested when we got married and he was clear so we supidly thought I must have been ok too as we had been sexually active for ages.

Therefore my questions are:

1 - If I have had chlamydia for 3 years undiagnosed and untreated then what is my chances of still being fertile, and does it make it harder to treat as it is so old?
2 - I was diagnosed with "retrograde menstruation" a while ago due to horrific pain during my period, could this have anything to do with having chlamydia?
3 - I also read somewhere that as I have chlamydia I am 5 times more likely to have HIV, surely I would know if I had HIV after 3 years!!!!!?

Hopefully someone can answer my questions, and if there is any people reading this who are concerned they may have an STD but haven't been tested yet - please get tested, don't be as niave as me....don't wait do it now!!!!
1.  Your chances of being fertile are still good.  Have you been going to a GYN who just missed the infection?  If so, that's a good sign, because they would have seen a great deal of inflammation if that had been going on.  If they missed it on the exam, it's probably because it was fairly mild.

2.  Absolutely.  This is typical of chlamydia and other STDs to be much worse during menstruation.

3.  You cannot assume lack of symptoms is lack of HIV.  While I doubt that you have it, if you want to be on the safe side, you should be tested.
Thanks. No I haven't been going to see anyone. I have been very stupid!!! I was in hospital with the "retrograde menstruation" but they diagnosed that without examining me. I have an appointment in a couple of days at a GUM clinic. Will be sure to be tested for EVERYTHING!!!!