Cold Sores, Oral Sex, and Vaginal Sex worries...
Last night, I briefly performed oral sex on my husband and then we had regular vaginal sex without a condom. Right after, he pointed out a mark on my lip which has turned out to be a cold sore: it was very small and almost unnoticeable, but now I can tell it's definitely an outbreak. I know there is a risk that one or both of us may have contracted genital herpes, but I'm wondering what our odds are here. Is it VERY likely that we both now have it? If we did get it, will we notice it in just a few weeks or could it pop up any time? We've both had cold sores on our mouths for years: does the fact that we have both had the herpes virus elsewhere make our bodies at all more able to fight it off or resist contracting it? If we were to see our doctors now, could they tell us if we have it, even though we don't have symptoms?

Help! I'm really scared!
Please post in the herpes community, they have more and better information there.