Cold sores contagious for how long?
I know that it is possible to transmit HSV-1 from mouth to genitals by performing oral sex when a cold sore is present.  How long after the cold sore disappears is it safe?  I received oral sex from a woman two days after her cold sore had completely disappeared.
When the cold sore is completely healed and the skin has returned to normal it's likely that viral shedding is over though that's not always 100% true - it's just the best we can do.  
I doubt you would have HSV-1 since her cold sore was not present during the oral sex. 2 days after the skin healing is enough to not have HSV-1 present.  Also, if you ever had a cold sore b4 on your mouth area like most people, you are most likely immune to getting HSV-1 on any other part of your body.  I'm not sure of the stats but I've read that it's a very low low risk.
Hi Grace,

I have a question..  I have been tested by 2 different clinics/doctors, and both said I did not have any STD's.  But I have had a light rash under the corners of my mouth, and get acne, sometimes painful, sometimes not, and cold sore inside my mouth sometimes as well--and so does my wife..  usually when stressed or over-worked/over-heated (construction).  
I have a strong immune system, always have had, and I am not allergic to anything.  So I wonder if maybe the herpes virus was not detected during testing because of a strong immune system?  

The light rash is annoying, and I have tried different topical creams and moisterizers, but nothing will get rid of it.  I have tried colloidal silver, and while i think it helps, its not enough to get rid of the rash or keep the pimples from reoccurring consistently.

So the question is-- do you think its possible that the testing was inaccurate, and perhaps I do have hsv or something similar?   if so, do you recommend a topical solution or antiviral, or both? and which ones?  if you dont mind suggesting some..  i realize that any i purchase and try are at my own risk and not based solely on your advice.

thanks in advance