Aa
A
A
Close
Confused....
Hello I'm a dancer at a topless bar; I just started working at this particular place a couple weeks ago. Yesterday my boyfriend told me he had gonorrhea as he was at the dr.s office & told me to get checked immediately. We have a long distance relationship; and I see him about every other week. Anyways, he told me that it was from the club as his dr. told him that I probably contracted it from dancing on the lap of a customer from a previous girl.

This is where I'm super confused.. I have been a dancer for over 2 1/2 years & have danced at a handful of different clubs; mostly fully nude. This is my first 21+ club & I never take my thong off. Plus I never touch the pole with anything other than my hands & legs occasionally. I really don't put anything near my genitalia, except when I'm sitting on a customer's lap/giving a dance. And after every lap dance I use hand sanitizer & use baby wipes pretty much all over my body. I'm very careful about these things.. So when he told me this I was more than a little surprised. I got treated immediately with a shot & pills but still waiting for test results.

My question is if anyone has had this happen to them - dancers too..? I'm probably not going to find a real answer to this.. but it's been going thru my head non-stop. I'm now afraid that either my bf is cheating on me, or I shouldn't dance at the club again.. But it's my only source of income & I'm just really sad & scared.. :(

I have no one to talk to... :<
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
you won't get gonorrhea from the pole.

if you are giving lap dances and the males are naked too, you are at risk for std's. cleaning up afterwards with a baby wipe doesn't do anything to reduce your risk.   hpv, syphilis and herpes are your main risks for doing naked lap dances - just depends on how much contact you are having if they have their pants open/off.

odds are you didn't pick up gonorrhea from lap dances. call in a few days and ask what your test results were for gonorrhea and go from there.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs / STIs Community Resources