Constant Vaginal Burning
I'm 22 years old, and for the past 4 months (on and off) I've experienced vaginal burning. During these past 4 months, I've had 5 pelvic exams and Pap smear. I've tested negative for std's, and the only thing the doctors could find is a case of bacterial vaginosis, which they treated with flagyl, and it seemed to go away for a month or so. It's now been back, and I've been to a urologist to make sure that everything is ok in that area. I've also tried taking flagyl again, and just finished up a 14 day course of diflucan.

I have NO discharge or itching, just a burning/raw sensation, and when I use a mirror to look at it, it seems extremely red in color. I don't douche, but I do like to take baths, which I've stopped upon the advice of my doctor.  I've been with the same guy for the past year, and he is also std free.

Could this be stress related? Is it all in my head? It's really starting to bring me down, and I don't feel happy anymore. I'm 22, I should be out living life to the fullest, but instead I'm bogged down by this pain. I have an appointment with an OB/GYN next wednesday.... Any suggestions??????
you don't need an urologist for a vaginal burning issue.

go back to your gyn and get tested again for bv. it can be a booger to get rid of sometimes. Just 1 treatment doesn't always do it and it can come back again.

you've both been tested and know you don't have std's so this isn't a std issue.

grace
Thanks for the quick response. It's just so frustrating because it seems as though my doctor is trying to tell me it's all in my head.

My appointment is next Wednesday, is there anything I can do to try to help relieve the pain until then?
you can try things like soaking in the bathtub with a packet of aveeno bath thrown in.  many otc products like vagasil for pain relief or even try rephresh. it's a gel you insert vaginally that helps balance out your vaginal ph. be forewarned if you try it - it will give you a white chunky discharge at some point. it's not usually yeast but is just your body ridding itself of any bacteria. when I use it I just wipe my genital area periodically throughout the day with cool washcloths. avoid scented wipes or anything of that sort.  

grace
I also have dealt with this for awhile turns out my husband keeps giving back BV! My doctor wrote me double prescription for me and him and so far its works! We got the flagyl. She said my husband just kept passing it back to me just like men can do with yeast infections. SO when you treat yourself treat your man even though he may not have symptoms!
Thanks for the info! I had my appendix out on Feb 7 of this year, and when they did a pelvic exam (just to be sure?) they didn't see any clue cells for BV, but they almost missed my fricking appendix exploding, so when I go to the GYN on wednesday, I'll definitely bring it up. It feels exactley like when I had BV back at Thanksgiving.... SOO annoying.