Genital Wart or scar?
Hey there,

So a few years back I was diagnosed with genital warts. I did exactly what I had to do as far as treatment goes. I got the biopsy, then got treatment. Every now and then I go back to the clinic and get a check up t make sure that no warts are returning. My problem is that I freak out every time I see some sort of tiny little bump or whatever down there. The doctors usually tell me that I'm crazy(in a funny way) and that they are glad that I am cautious. I had a wart removed on the lower back part of my shaft a while ago and now it looks like there is scar tissue there. It has the shape of the wart that was there but is very soft and looks flat when the skin is pulled back or if my penis is erect. I also shave down there with a razor and it never bleeds or anything like that, but I am wondering if that maybe has something to do with it. Am I freaking out again? Do genital warts leave scar tissue like this? Are my warts returning and/or do warts return? What would the genital wart scar tissue look like?
typically if warts don't reappear in a year after being removed, your body has cleared the infection.  Research shows that the majority of the time if they come back after that, it's a different type of hpv, not the same type you had previously.  that's why the docs think you are crazy - I'm guessing they didn't take the time to do proper education for you?

it would be strange for it just now to show up with a scar after not having had one.  definitely something to follow up on.

grace