Aa
A
A
Close
HIV & STD Exposure
Dear Dr HHH

5 days ago I had a drunken sexual encounter with a white female in west Texas. From what my memory can recall she seemed to be the very promiscuous type (not a CSW). I can recall some light kissing, fingering of anus and vagina and breast licking. However I can not recall having sexual intercourse because of my memory, from stacking up what I can remember and asking friends my steps and what I had said to them after being in her room for a while that evening I am about 50% certain that I did not have sexual intercourse. There may have been some oral both ways (most likely just receive) and my worry being that the day before I had bitten my tounge badly and had a laceration on it.

My high anxiety arises when I recall that she was very hot and sweaty (as if she was unwell) and seemed as if she was on more than just alcohol. I dont think she would have been a IV drug user as she came from a wealthy background and we were in a fairly upmarket hotel but a mutual friend did mention she is addicted to prescrption drugs. When I profile her and combine that with the possibility that I had unprotected sex and/or oral with her I am extremely worried about HIV risk and other common STD's.

I myself am a circumcised male and not usually reckless like this. I keep thinking about the worst case scenario - if I did have unprotected sex/oral and she was HIV pos and she transmitted it to me.......The consequences of this stupid mistake to me is life ending as I have a long term partner. She will be visiting me soon and this is before most testing window periods for many std's. If I ensure that I have only protected sex with her will that keep her safe from anything that I could have caught? would you say that it is safe to do so if I have no symptoms at the moment.

How would you assess my HIV risk here?

Also why is the ELISA western blot a 6 week window whilst some UK sites quote a 4week window for a HIV duo test?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on my situation and advise.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
already answered on std expert forum. follow up there.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs / STIs Community Resources