History Present New Questions?!
A Little Background History
     My boyfriend and I have been going out for about 6yrs. We met in high school (2005) and have been dating ever since. We were both virgins and inexperienced in every way possible you can think of when we met. That being said, STD's were never a main concern for us. From the beginning, we tried to be responsible young adults and talked about everything! And by everything, I mean all the risk involving an intimate relationship if we decided to take it there. After all the talks we had about the what if's, pregnancy, safe sex, and STD's we decided to take it to the next level. The other day we just happen to start talking about it because I asked him if he thought we should get tested after so many yrs just for a routine check up when we go for our yearly physicals. We have ALWAYS practiced safe sex up until recently which is why I started asking him questions. also note that no one cheated!

I guess you can say my Main Question is even though we were both each other first in every way, could we still be in risk of contracting an STD? If so, which kinds are we more pron to-- some or all? Do we still have to worry about major ones? And at the Doctor, should we get screened for everything or just certain ones?

If Std's are the least of our concerns,as a couple, what are some thing we should be getting screened for in addition to our yearly physicals.  

Although I would like to consider myself well educated on this matter, it is still all new to me! There is always something new and surprising out there! I would really appreciate any answers and help! =)

Thank you!
Hello, I would say that since you both were virgins, have never been with anyone else, and have practiced "safe sex" that you are pretty safe from having any type of STD, after all, where would you have contracted it from?

A yearly female physical in general is good for you, since the pap smear will show up any hidden cancers, etc, it is just a safe precaution for all women.

It will not hurt your boyfriend either to have a yearly, general physical to make sure all is well with him as well; but, as I said, since you folks have not had any other partners, I would say you do not have a thing to worry about regarding STD's, etc.
you already have asked this in another post. follow up there - thanks!

grace
Thank you ms lassie. I appreciate the feed back.

And to ms grace, I know i already asked this in another post and have followed up there. Even though this is just an online "blog" or what ever, Its always wise to seek a second opinion. I just wanted to get someone else thought on the subject.

Thanks again.