STDs / STIs Community
How can I get gonorrhea without any sex?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Hello. I'm male aged 25. Recently I experienced a white yellowish in my urine. Sooner after that I feel a burning sensation on the tip of my penis whenever I urinating. I meet a doctor and she say I have gonorrhea. The weird thing is, I never had sex or any kind of it (oral sex etc). But I do self masturbate sometimes. Can I get gonorrhea by masturbate alone?
This is worrying me because I don't want my girlfriend thought that I have sex with other girls. I never had sex with my girlfriend in our relationship.
Is there any chance for false positive on the doctor side? But the burning sensation and all the symptom make me think that I really caught gonorrhea.
I don't know what doc u see but you need to change it!Gonorreah!wow no hun i dont think so more like yeast infection or bladder kidney ect...
Thanks for the feedback. The doctor did gave me a swab test then the result came "gonorrhea". I can swear to god that I never have any sex with other girls but the test prove me otherwise. I'm engaged to my girlfriend and this can might call off the engagement. I never do sex in my entire life for god sake!! I'm thinking to get another test at another clinic just to be sure.
Is there any way it can transmit via other method? Sharing a towel? sharing the same bed? Because I'm sharing a bed with my brother.
Comes to think of it, does taking a blood test will infect me with it? I did have a blood test several months ago.
odds are that either a mix up occured in the clinic or you had a false positive. if you already treated for gonorrhea, no way to confirm if it was or not.

no, having blood tests done will not give you gonorrhea.

No, sleeping in the same bed with a sibling will not infect you with gonorrhea.

No, you won't get it from sharing towels.

grace
Thanks for the feedback. Today is my 3rd day getting the treatment by taking an injection (sorry I didn't catch the name) and taking 2 times daily dose of doxycycline 100mg. I noticed that there is no more pus in my urine and the burning sensation lessen. But still the thought of getting gonorrhea is still plaguing me, especially when I never do it before in my life. At first I thought I have UTI.
Same story here I caught gonorrhea and I am 100% sure my sexual partner does not have an STD so wtf seems more studying is required in this feeled. Scientists are not always right!
Wow this is baffling. But it goes to show that relationships should never end on the diagnosis of an std alone. Very scary thing to think of. I would just insist upon your innocence. I have trich and still waiting on my husband's test. He told me, the dr and my grandmother that his conscience is clear. He swears on his mother and our children that he has NEVER cheated on me. I believe him. My mom told me that she would not take any std as proof of cheating. Someone could sit up and say he is lying but do you know where he is right now? The same place he always is...at home with me and our children.

Besides for all I know his test could come negative but he said he believes me either way. He was not raised into a culture that thinks std always means cheating. Ppl have past relationships too.

I hope you find some answers and I am encouraged by reading this.
me too . I got gonorrhea and I am single. I have never had sex before.
in my opinion , catching the disease might be from an irritant or from soaps and detergents or from public bathrooms