IGA Deficiency and HSV IGg testing
I experienced what I believed to be an initial HSV outbreak.  I waited 10 weeks then had an IGg type specific select blood test for both HSV-1 & HSV-2.  Both came back negative.  I have IGA deficiency, which is an immunodeficiency blood condition.  Could my IGA have slowed the development of the HSV antibodies thus creating a false negative in my blood tests?  Should I be retested and when, or am I being paranoid and I should trust my negative results?  Any feedback or input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you,

-B
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but - just to err on the side of caution. repost this over on terri warren's herpes board over on the webmd message boards. She usually answers posts on fridays and saturdays so you have a good chance of getting her response to it ( for free ).

grace
Grace,
thank you for your information.  I have found the board and posted the question.  I appreciate your help.

-B