Aa
A
A
Close
Lice/Mites/Scabies
Mid-September I noticed a horrible itching sensation on my left elbow.  I looked down and saw white pustular bumps.  They itched.  There may have been a total of 10 - 12 that were sporadic up and down the arm and on the elbow.  I went to two doctors, one my derm, thinking it was scabies (I had recently gone home with other people I met over the past month and had been out of town for a wedding).  Both said they did not believe it was scabies.  The dermatologist said it wasn't and said they looked like warts.  He cut one off with a razor and sent it to the labd.  The reult said it was most likely contact dermatitis from a reaction to medication or other irritant (I had strep prior to this event and was on antibiotics).  We treated it with an antibiotic cream.  In about a week, the bumps had subsided and/or went away. The elbow was clear too.

I still had and have some prink/red marks that remain for about a week and really itch.  I have about 5 - 7 of them that he had me treat with a steroid cream as well.  He did say that he thinks something may be biting me, but no clue what and did a biopsy on one of the bumps.  I will not get the results back for another 5 days.  Anyway, is it posisble it is scabies and I masked the symptoms with the creams?  Could it be bed bugs?  I have been vacuuming and cleaning daily (including the couch, bed, etc ...).  I can guess that there is maybe 1 - 2 new dots a week in that area.  I am also on crutches so it is hard to tell as some of the itching is caused from rubbing against them while walking.

I am going crazy trying to figure this out.  I just want to get to the bottom of it.  I don't see any signs of the bugs in thebed.  The couch has been thoroughly vacuumed and I have been sleeping on it with new linens evey day.  I have had a friend stay over a few times and he never gets these "bites" or marks or whatever they are.  I am scared of passing them on to my family and friends.  With the holidays coming up, I don't want to visit the family and bring unwanted guests.  Any help would be appreciated!!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
This is not STD related.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs / STIs Community Resources