MRSA vs HSV-2
I recently went to my doctor to get treated for an MRSA recurrecnce. I usually get MRSA infections in my groin area where i had a cat jump onto my lap and dig there claws into. This happened 3 years ago, and i tend to have a MRSA recurrence 2 times a year. When i went to the doctor this time she saw the sores and immediatly said that it looked like herpes instead. When i first got an MRSA infection my head immediatly went to it being herpes and i did alot of research. I explained to her that i dont have typical herpes type prodrom symtoms i.e. tingling, itching, burning. What happnes to me is my lymph glands in my legs swell and become tender, i then feel the fluid traveling under my skin until i finds a place to "pool" and then exit throught he skin. Which is usually a white/grayish color (instead of clear). The sores react to anitbiotic treatment. This time she said because the sores are in a cluster that she believes i have HSV-2 and the MRSA recurrences are a secondary infection. I reitterated that i first feel the fluid "traveling" then "pooling" and pushing its way to the skin before a sore develops... instead of having the sores, then feeling the MRSA symptoms. Does any of this make sense because its thrown my head into a whirlwind. I've never tested positive for HSV-2 and none of my previous partners, nor my current girlfriend of 1 year have ever tested positive or shown symptoms of HSV-2. Im asking because i wont know the results of the HSV-2 test for a week, and im really concerned.
The only way to find out for certain is to have a culture done on the sores while they are active .... without this there is really no way of knowing if it is Herpes or in fact the recurring  MRSA infection.
HV2 is an area of skin aywhere below the waistband that starts by being hot,tingly and very itchy during which time a cluster of fluid filled blisters appear that are very irritating they are usually small in size and fill up will a clear fluid,over a day or two in some cases longer the blisters break and being to crust over and heal,some people may also experience flu like symptoms prior to the outbreak,but again not in all cases.

Until you know for sure it is wise for you to practise safe sex or abstain altogether even if you are in a monogamous relationship to ensure the safety of sexual partners.

Good Luck

Daisy      
How were you diagnosed with MRSA?  You wouldn't have gotten that from a cat scratch.

What kind of testing did you have done for herpes?  If you had a culture done, you should call your doctor and ask that it be typed.  Just because its genital doesn't mean its type 2.  You can also ask for a type specific IgG blood test.

I don't know what you have, and I suppose either, or both, is possible.

Did she give you antibiotics just in case?  Since you have a documented history of MRSA, she should be treating that.

Aj