PID PELVIC INFLAMMATION DISEASE
MY DAUGHTER IS 14 AND IS IN THE HOSPITAL AS WE SPEAK.  SHE IS SEXUALLY ACTIVE SHE HAS ONLY BEEN WITH ONE BOY HER BOYFRIEND OF 1YR AND 6 MONTHS.  SHE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH PID A CATSCAN OF HER ABDOMEN WAS DONE AND AN ULTRASOUND.   THE CATSCAN SHOWED THAT HER APENDIX WAS FINE AND THE ULTRASOUND CONFIRMED THE PID I WAS TOLD BY THE DOCTOR.  ALSO TESTING WAS DONE FOR CHLAMIDA AND GONERRA AND IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE.  AND SHE DOES HAVE HERPES UNFORTUNATELY HER BOYFRIEND HAD ONE PREVIOUS SEX PARTNER AND SHE GAVE HIM HERPES AND WELL HE DID NOT KNOW HE HAD IT WHEN HE HAD SEX WITH MY DAUGHTER HE HAS BEEN TESTED FOR OTHER STD'S AS WELL AND NEGATIVE.
WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS HOW EXACTLY DO YOU GET PID IF IT ISN'T FROM AN STD.  I JUST NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS DISEASE.  PLEASE EXPLAIN IN DETAIL HOW IT IS CONTRACTED IF NOT FROM CHLAMIDA OR GONREA?
hi,, i'm sorry,

did you see proof that his STD test came out negativea?  Your daughter was tested and STDs test came out negative.

From what I read PID is associated with STDs/chlamydia and gonnorhea.  An IUD can give PIDs too from what I read.  

Could it be your daughter and or boyfriend had an STD and were treated but before they caught it in time your daughter's turned to PID?
Females are more vulnerable to contracting STDs and a year after I had my son, I was diagnosed with chlamydia. There is no telling how long I had it as the only symptom I had was a yellow discharge. I had gone to my GYN on a regular basis & prescribed antibiotics but the damage had already been done as I had continued to have unprotected sex with my boyfriend ( baby's father), for 3 more years and was diagnosed with PID & could not conceive ever again. The Dr told me that due to the PID, it scars a woman's Uterus and so the embryo has a very hard time attaching to the wall of the Uterus! So, in hindsight, I we were probably giving the Chlamydia back to one another as his may have not gone away. I have never been able to concieve again because of the severe scarring that PID causes in a woman's reproductive organs! WOMEN OUT THERE..... GET TESTED FOR EVERYTHING ON A REGULAR BASIS EVEN IF YOU DON't HAVE SYMPTOMS OR SEVERE SYMPTOMS OF AN STD! IF U WANT TO PROTECT YOURSELF & PLAN TO HAVE CHILDREN!  

Hi, I had PID wen I was younger. Several different types of bacteria can cause PID, this can include STDs but not always. Speak to your daughters doctor about possible causes. PID can have some horrible long term side effects but if caught early enough and treated there is no reason your daughter shouldn't make a full recovery. Good luck