Recent Gonorrhea Diagnosis

I recently tested positive for gonorrhea after going to the doctor thinking that I had a UTI. I have been in a monogamous relationship for 3 years.

My boyfriend says that he has been faithful, and I believe him. I have had other vaginal infections before during our relationship, but never have had symptoms that sent me to the doctor. I did have an STD panel of tests 3 months before I met my boyfriend and tested negative for gonorrhea.

How is it possible for me to have gonorrhea now? Could my boyfriend be positive and just be asymptomatic? Could I have been positive and asymptomatic?  He is getting tested next week, but now he is seriously questioning my fidelity.

Thanks in advance!
Hi and welcome. It could be a false positive, they are  rare but do happen. But if your having symptoms like burning when urinating and a white discharge AND  tested positive then i would conclude most likely the test results were correct.
The problem with pointing at your boyfriend is that Gono is a very distressful disease in men with big time burning and white discharge about 5 days after exposure and i cant imagine him having unprotected sex with you with these symptoms unless it was inside the 5 day incubation period for him.
Hi Life360 and thanks for the welcome and your comments.

I guess I am trying to understand all possibilities in this rather puzzling situation.  So if he cheated on me, contracted Gonorrhea and had sex with me before the 5 day incubation period was up, I could have symptoms before he does?

The only reason that I think that might be a possibility is that he went out drinking on Monday night of last week, we had unprotected intercourse on Wednesday morning and I started having symptoms on Thursday afternoon.  He is claiming that he has no symptoms, and now it is 1 week and 4 days after he possibly could have cheated.  Thanks again!
Im not sure if women or men get them first but for sure men but get them in about 6 days full blown. It might depend on the person imune system. The first few days is growing and builds up to that. Well he should be in the full blown stage of symptoms if thats the case unless he did a sneak treatment. Its really hard to tell. Im not accusing anyone but sometimes people react to a panic situation with cunningness.
Thanks again for your response.  

Unfortunately, he is now in the stage of saying that if he tests negative I must have cheated on him.  It isn't a fun situation to be in, especially since I feel like the onus is on me to prove that I didn't cheat.

I guess my mom was right, pre-marital sex is not a good thing!