STD Incubation Period
One week ago, in a stupid move, I had unprotected intercourse with a female sex provider.  A couple of days prior to that, I had cut my hand, received sutures, and was given Cephalaxin for to prevent infection.  In reading all the online sources about STD, it would appear that symptoms should have manifested themselves by now.  I am wondering if I the Cephalaxin is masking the symptoms (or killed the bacteria-borned STD's).  I want to get tested, but again, wonder if I should stop taking the Cephalaxin prior to test for fear of a false negative result.  How long should I stop the antibotic prior to the STD screening?  I am one week into the event, should I be anticipating any other symptoms?  Thanks.
Well you can get an STD and not have it show symptoms.

Gonorrhea-usually shows symptoms 2-5 days but up to 30 days, test after 1 week
Chlymida-1/2 the time shows symptoms 2 weeks-can test after 1 week
Herpes-will show symptoms often mistaken for something else-can test at 4 months
Syphilis-will show symptoms at about 2 weeks-can test at 6 weeks
HIV-usually will not show symptoms-can test at 3 months

I am not sure if that medication will have any effect on any of the STD's. Best advice is to follow up with your Dr and test at the approate times.
Also use a condom, it's not hard to keep on in your wallet.