STD Testing Accuracy?
During the trip to asia around 3 months ago, i had a sexual intercourse with someone that i didn't know that well without condoms on for couple of times. i know i shouldn't have done that and i regret it so much right now.
After coming back from the trip, i was feeling tired for about a week and was getting worried about possible std.
So after 2 weeks of possible exposure i took the std testing that included just about all the common std.
I knew that 2 weeks was too fast to take the test and it could give me false results but i couldn't wait.
The testing was rapid test by drawing blood and checking urine and the result came out in about 30 min.
Results were all negative. I was feeling a lot better and was not worrying about it until about 2months from exposure,
i woke up one night with swollen lymph glands on the groins with little bit of fever. It didn't hurt or anything and
it went away in about 2, 3 days. But i read somewhere that swollen glands is common symptom of std
and was getting extremely worried because i never had swollen lymph glands before.
So i went and took the test again for hiv, herpes, and syphilis.
Again results were all negative. The doctor told me im just worrying about it too much.
But im still worried because i don't know much about these std testings and i cannot trust them for sure.
Should i get tested again?
How accurate are these std testings?
I took the testing twice, in 2 weeks and 2months after having sexual contact
Is it still accurate?
Can i still get swollen lymph glands on groins without getting infected to any std? is it common?
There are lots of things that could cause swollen glands, and your doctor can investigate other causes if your tests are negative.

Gonorrhea, chlamydia, ngu and syphilis are all accurate at 2 months.

HIV testing will be about 95% accurate, and herpes is about the same, in the absence of any sores, blisters, etc.

I think its time to focus on another cause.

Aj
another cause?
you mean there could be another std that i don't know about that might have caused swollen glands?
I'll feel fine as long as i don't have any std.
thx for taking time to answer by the way
Another cause as in a non-std infection.

Aj