STD and Prostatitis
Hello Doctor,

Sorry for the long discription. I am 31 yrs old male. Almost three years before (Nov 2004) I had protected (used two condoms on my pennis) vaginal sex with a high risk person. She also kissed my lips and I licked her breast. After the incidence, i was fine until Jan 2007. In Jan I got pain around my anal area, and when I consulted my Doc, he said it was fissue. He gave me an ointment, but it didn't go away. After 3 months, in April 2007 I went to the Doc again and he did a colonoscopy, which was normal. He told he couldn't even find a fissure. Two days after the colonoscopy, I started getting a nagging pain in my scortral area (both sides) and in the groin area. I went ot a urologist who performed a urine analysis, general blood tests and scortral Doppler. Urine analysis and blood tests were normal, and scortral Doppler revealed a bilateral varicocele and a right epydidimal cyst. He told cyst was not an issue, and the pain is due to varicocele. He suggested surgery. I consulted another urologist and he did a rectal exam, urine culture, semen culture, abdominal ultrasound scan and urine flowmetry. Everything came out normal and he said I have non bacterial Prostatitis. He put me on Lyrica 75mg for 6 weeks.

Even now, I feel the pain in the groin and anal area. Some times I feel discomfort at the tip of my pennis and somes times a slight clear discharge. When I did some reading on Prostatitis, I found that it can be caused by some STD's. My questions are,

1) Can these symptoms be because if any STD?
2) I was not sexually active after this encounter 3 years before. Can I still get symptoms of STD now (after almost 3 years)?
3) What are the risks of me getting any STD from the above mentioned encounter?
4) I did an HIV spot test and syphilis tests  last week (3 years after the encounter) and came out negative.

Thanks,

its caused by an untreated std, eventually it goes away, what i would reccomend is forgeting about this whole event and just keep going, itll eventually go away by itself.