STD transmission without penetration...
I recently had sexual contact, but not intercourse, with a guy I was dating.  For the most part, he was touching himself and touching me, but there was some brief contact between genitals.  I now have herpes, and I am going to go back to the doctor for a full STD panel.  But I'm wondering what other STDs might be contracted without actually having sex involving penetration? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!  
The encounter you have been worried about isn't likely to have resulted in a std.

If you had testing that came back as + for herpes, add this new info to your prior post on the herpes forum and I'll go over it with you.

grace
Grace: Haven't had a herpes test yet, was told I'd have to wait until another outbreak or until enough time has passed for a blood test to be done.  But in terms of other STDs, such as Chlamydia, Gonorreah, Syphilis, etc., do those usually require penetration to be transmitted?  Or could they be transmitted if a small amount of pre-ejaculate or seminal fluid was transferred to the outside of my vagina during the brief genital-to-genital contact?  Thanks for your help!
if I recall from your descriiption of the encounter, it's not worth worrying about any std's.

grace