Scrotal cyst?
A single, pimple-like bump suddenly appeared on my scrotum two days ago.  It is red and somewhat hard and cannot be "popped."  I'd say it was more-or-less "under the skin," and not on the surface.

From reading Dr. Kaur's posts on similar symptoms, it sounds like a boil or cyst.  I don’t think its HPV/warts.  It has no cluster or cauliflower like appearance.  Also, I completed Gardasil about a year ago.  

Still a stiff bump down there that wasn't there before worries me. I’m going in for a regular physical with GP next week and so I will ask.  Until then, I’ve been using a warm compress, but what else can I do?  Any ideas on what it could be?
Hi, that area is hot and moist and very well could have a inflected  pimple that has not come to head yet. Your correct that warts would be on the surface and is not an area for herpes breakouts. Do let us know.