Sexual Odors
Not really sure if this question applies to this category, however I thought it was the closest to. My partner (I'm a 22 yr old female/ he's a 30 yr old male) and I have noticed a very foul smelling odor during sex. Because we are not in a relationship, STD/ STI's were the fist thing that came to mind. I've been tested for sexually transmitted diseases twice now over the last 5 months and both times the results came back negative. However I'm still concerned over what it may be. There's no pain/ itching/ or abnormal discharge (that I'm aware of) involved, just this odor. It is strong, and somewhat fishy smelling. I only notice it mostly on him before and during sexual intercourse, and then sometimes on myself as well. We are both very clean people and shower daily and all that. And I do not really think it's his semen necessarily because I perform oral sex on him all the time and I don't really notice it then. It is somewhat embarrasing and it really can ruin the mood at times, so any advice on what could be causing it would be a great help!!
Have you actually seen a Dr or just went for testing? Maybe it's yeast or BV for yourself.
Well I've been to my gyno and family Dr (once each) and just got a swap testing done (so that would include vaginitis ... and there are no yeast infection symptoms because I've had one before). I never really went into detail about this odor because it's uncomfortable ... lol?????  Both Dr.'s say they see no symptoms of STD's ... so??
also .. sorry I forgot to ask .. what is BV?
BV is a bactrial infection.
BV stands for bacterial vaginosis... Which could be the problem, also trichomoniasis is another possibility.
Now just a heads up BV is not an STD.. this is from normal bacteria built up in the V

My suggestion is to forget about STDs as you've been tested past the window period and have had two Negatives... this is something else and I'll put my money on BV

And don't be afraid to metionthis odor to your doctor.. they are use to this and have heard much worse then bad odor =)

Let us know how things go.

Here are two sites to get into detail about both:

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/Trichomonas/STDFact-Trichomoniasis.htm
http://www.cdc.gov/STD/BV/STDFact-Bacterial-Vaginosis.htm
I forgot to mention... even though you don't have the same symptoms of a yeast infection it doesn't mean you don't ahve it... make sure your GYN does a swab and looks under the microscope for any abnoral cells/discharge.
Sorry vance an I answered just about the same time =)
Thank - you both for all your help!!! I really don't think it is BV .. stupid me didn't realize what you ment, and I was confirmed by my doctor before that I had Bacterial Vaginits (like 2 or more years ago), and this is nothing like what's going on now. The "Trich" thing is concerning though, because I've just had swaps not blood work done. But the smell comes mainly from him, I think. because I notice it when he pulls down his pants. Other then the "Trich" I was concerned it could be something to do with his health, other then an std.