STDs / STIs Community
Sore Near Anus

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Sore Near Anus

I went to the Doctor almost two months ago due to one open sore about a 1/2 to a 1/4 of an inch from my anus on my left side.  He said it was either herpes or warts and that if it didn't go away in a few weeks to go back.  He explained that I would have gotten it from sexual contact from that area.  I tried to explain to him that I am not homo sexual and that I have never had any male contact there and he seemed to get very uncomfortable like he thought I was being untruthful.

This spot has gone away for a day or two at a time but continues to come back over and over again.  It has been everything from an open sore about the size of pea to an itching burning lump (currently).  I am very confused because I have only had sexual contact in that area from women in the past and I'm not sure how I got it,  I know someone will tell me to go back to the doctor but I would really like some insight from this forum first.  Thanks.  
Can't tell you much other then follow up with your Dr or see a new Dr, this does not seem to be STD related and might be something fungial or bacterial.