Strep Group C
Hello All,
About 2 weekends ago I had a very passionate oral sex session with a girl that I knew for years. I went down on her and even stuck my tongue in her anus a few times. By the following morning I started feeling a sore throat. I immediately started gargling listerine when I got home. In the following few days the sore throat got worse and I got a low grade fever (100.3). I started taking tylenol and eating soup. My throat kept getting worse and I was feeling really sick. I also noticed small dots of white puss on my tonsils. By the 5-6th day I took a strep test and got the results about 2 days later.. Came out positive for Strep Group C. I've been taking z-pack that I had extra for the past 5 days. I am positive for hsv-1 which I believe I've had since I was young BUT I am worried that I may have contracted HSV-2 or some other STD orally. My throat is feeling better but still hurts a little and it has been over a week. I am about to start another anti-biotic that is non-penicillin based to hopefully knock this bacteria out of my body for good.

1. Is it  possible to eliminate this bacteria or will it live in my body for the rest of my life? I had read online that some people live with strep bacteria.

2. Should I worry that I can some other STD (herpes hsv-2, HPV) if I do not show any signs of them besides a sore throat that is subsiding?

3. Did I contract this by going down on her or eating her anus? I only licked her clit and didn't stick my tongue in her vagina but I did stick my tongue in her anus quite a few times.
strep infections are easily cured with antibiotics. you have no reason to worry.

always have protected sexual contact - including oral sex to protect yourself!!

your symptoms are typical for strep throat infections, no real reason to think you contracted a std orally too. did you and this partner discuss std's and testing before you got naked together?

grace
No.. Alcohol was kind of in affect... But i'm wondering if anyone can answer my questions 1 and 3.
you got this from kissing. it's not a std.