Swollen scrotum
Hi there,

Ive had some rather bizarre symptoms occur over the past 24 hours. I visited my girlfriend and we had sex 4 times, using protection. Upon leaving her house and getting home, about 2 hours after having sex, my scrotum felt very itchy. I scratched it, which admittedly perhaps I shouldnt have, I did this for around a minute. I felt a little strange down there, like it had swollen up so I decided to have a look to see what had happened.

I had a lump on my scrotum, Id say right in the centre of my scrotum, looking down. It was about the size of say having a third testicle and was quite pale. Id describe it more as an external lump. My first thought was perhaps it could be an insect bite, since I have had a few nasty bites lately. Within a few minutes, my scrotum had completely swollen up, almost like having it filled with fluid or like having been pumped up with air. The skin feels much thicker across the entirety of the scrotum and Im finding it particularly worrying.

That was about 18 hours back. It took my scrotum a couple of minutes to swell up after scratching it. Since then it has not gained in size, but hasnt particularly shrunk either. Im finding it all quite worrying.

As far as I know my girlfriend and I are both clean. I have been having sex with her for over 6 months and neither of us have had any strange symptoms whilst being with eachother.

Id really appreciate a suggestion on what may have caused this. Im thinking some kind of insect bite since it literally felt itchy, I gave it a good scratch and the next thing I knew it almost instantly flamed up. It hasnt felt itchy since it flamed up.

My scrotum is not painful at all. It just feels a little strange because the whole area has gained in weight and size.

Any help is very appreciated!
Thank you.
It is not STD related so I can't give you much help. Best advice is to see a Dr.