Syphilis Diagnosis
Hi Doc,

I have a question regarding a possible Syphilis infection. More than 3 months ago I had oral sex with a random guy  (I gave him a blowjob) and 23 days later I tested reactive for VRDL (titer up to 1:8). I did confirmatory tests 2 days later. The VDRL/CMT  was 1:2 Titer, The t-pallidum IgG was positive while the t-pallidum-IgM was negative (I assume those are the FTA-ABS). The results interpretation of the confirmatory tests was as follows. Antibodies against Treponema pallidum detectable but negative markers of activity (CMT,T-pallidum IgM). Early cured lues or Therapeutic finished lues.  No signs of active lues.

More than 2 months later (i.e., 3 month after exposure), I retested and VDRL and RPR were both positive while TPHA was negative. Note that I never had any symptoms of Syphilis (i.e., No chancre or rash) and never tested for Syphilis before my exposure and hence never had any treatments.

Thanks a million for your help with this. I have seen so many doctors in two different countries and no one seems to have a clue what's going on.
I removed your other post since it was the same as this one.   also this isn't the doctors forum.

I'm going to double check with someone I now who is much better at syphilis than I am but it appears that you are having false positives.

grace
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the help so much.
I would like to also add that my father has psoriasis ... I think I have inherited it from him though it seems to be very mild in my case (i.e., almost asymptomatic except for very few spots on my elbow that come and go)