Syphilis chancre
Hey all,  I've got a few quick questions about syphilis that I hope you can help answer.

Does a chancre/sore have to be present for syphilis transmission to occur?

If you get a chancre, is it always EXACTLY where your skin would have touched the sore, or would it just be CLOSE to that area3?

Do chancres only appear in mucous areas such as lips, inside mouth or rectum, or penis/vagina, or can they appear anywhere?

I rimmed someone without protection, and 13 days later I have something that looks a lot like just a small pimple on my face.  It is not on my lips, but it is close.  It is not touching the corner of my mouth, but it is very close to that area.

It does not look like the chancres I see when I Google the term (it does not make a dimple or divit, and is colored like a zit).

Is 13 days too soon for a chancre to appear?

The person I rimmed had NO signs of a chancre on their skin or in the part of the rectum I could see.  My tongue did enter the rectum, but the part of my face where the zit/chancre is did not/could not.

I'm very concerned that this could be syphilis.  Please assess this situation if you can!

Thanks for reading.
Yes it does have to be present.

It would be at the point of contact.

It can appear anywhere but only where trasnmission takes place. For example you have anal sex and get syphilis from coming into contact with the sore. So the sore shows up on your penis not your hand.

No 13 is not too soon but on average it takes 21 days.

I doubt that it is syphilis, but see a Dr if concerned.
Thanks for your response.  Does the sore last a long time, and does it change in appearance while it is present?

A zit/acne pimple basically just gets smaller and goes away, but does a syphilis chancre change, like split open, grow, change color, etc...

Thanks.
Oh, and sorry - I have one more question.  Can a syphilis chancre be characterized as an open sore?  I guess I'm trying to tell if a chancre would definitely have visual differences from a standard pimple.

Thank you!
Well it lasts couple of weeks I believe. It starts smaller and gets to the size in like a day or so.

I don't know a ton on what the sore actually does so part of your question is over my head.
yes it would look nothing like a pimple. you can google it and see photos and they look nothing like pimples. like vance said your best bet is to see a doctor for  a proper diagonsis.

conclusive blood test would be 6-8 weeks post exposure