Syphillis RPR
I was diagnosed with Syphilis in 2008. Although I didn't know the RPR titer from 2008, I was tested again in 2010 when RPR titer was 1:1 Reactive. Both times I was given shots of Penicillin over a period of three weeks. During a medical check up in 2011, my RPR was 1:4. I went to an infectious disease specialist and received a single shot of Penicillin and was told to come back after six months for re-test. I have received unprotected oral from sexual workers but always used condom for intercourse. Last time I got tested again for STDs and the syphilis RPR titer was 1:4. I was given a single shot. The clinic also took a sample from my the blisters on my penis to determine if I had an active syphilis infection. The Dark ground microscopy test came back negative but RPR titer was 1:4 reactive. It was difficult for the nurse to decide whether I was reinfected but gave me a single shot of Penicillin. Why does the RPR fluctuate?
I am not sure, the tier should reduce but it going back up might be a sign of reinfection. Keep working with your Dr.
Use a condom for everything.