STDs / STIs Community
Syphillis

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Syphillis

What is the window period to test for Syphillis (syphilis)? and what is the window period for Herpes? Just wondering because I had just gotten tested.
www.ashastd.org has all the info on both and how to test for them and when.

grace
a week to a few months for syphillis (syphilis)? and a few weeks to months for herpes? although it says tests might not be reliable? how can I know then?
www.ashastd.org is s good site. you should be able to find all the info you need there, but i know some of the info can be confusing.

in general, the syphilis test will be about 90% accurate after 6 weeks. Nearly 100% accurate at 12 weeks. The herpes test is also very accurate at 3 months, but interpreting some herpes tests can be tricky even after this time period.  
thank you veryyyyy much for your help just everything seems so confusing with window periods and all...