What if Chlamydia treatment doesn't work?
I found out 4 weeks ago that I had contracted chlamydia from my partner and was given 1 dose of azithromycin.  But after a week I was still having symptoms (pelvic pain, burning during urination) and a new symptom of intense back pain.  I followed up with my dr. and she told me to take aleve for the back pain--that it was my arthritis acting up.  But a week later still my pelvic pain got worse again and so I was given another test to see if I still had chlamydia and if I had gonorrhea.  Only the chlamydia came back positive which she said was normal due to the fact that it had only been 3 weeks since treatment and there were probably dead bacteria still present.  She told to me take a 7 day treatment of doxycycline (1pill twice a day).  I've been on it for four days now and my pelvic pain seems to have intensified to the point where I am losing sleep.  Is is possible for both regimens of antibiotics to fail?  If so, is the next step IV antibiotics or is this just my body responding to the medicine?
are you male or female?

you would've tested negative for chlamydia with the 2nd testing. you didn't test + from dead cells.  

this much pain isn't a symptom of any std. I advise you to be seen today and seek out a 2nd opinion elsewhere. they should be thinking non-std related causes at this point.

grace