What is ureaplasma
i have recently been diagnosed with ureaplasma...i've read many different answers as to what this is. My dr. says its an std transmitted my sexual contact..i have had the salme sexual partner for many years. WHAT is this and should i be worried about my partner?
it's not what we consider a std though it is transmitted through sexual contact. it can also be transmitted through oral sex too.   if you are wondering if your partner is stepping out on you, no real reason to suspect that unless you have other reason to.

typically we don't test partners or treat them either unless they are symptomatic.

grace
Actually my MD doctor told me this was a rare STD and my husband had to get treated  to and tested which you only urine in a cup and they send it to a lab and we had to get on Zithromax so yes it is a rare STD not like gonorrhea and the normal STDs