Will Metronidazole treat Ureaplasma Urealyticum?
I have been recently diagnosed with having an infection of Ureaplasma Urealyticum. I have been prescribed a course of Metronidazole (Flagyl) by my GP. (3 400mg tabs per day with food). I have done much reading on my infection but have been unable to find any information suggesting this antibiotic is the correct treatment. It is reasonable to assume I have been carrying this infection for many years due to the related timeline of symptoms. I am concerned for my fertility and want to ensure I am being treated with the correct medication.
you can treat it with flagyl . the recommended dose is a 2g 1 time dose.

grace
Thanks Grace. I have stopped taking the medication as the side effects (frequent visits to the bathroom and nausea) are interfering too much with my daily life. I'm going back to my GP on Monday and will mention the one-time dose.
just give them a call and discuss your options. no reason to go in to be seen again - a phone call will do it!