chlamydia diagnosis after an ovarian cyst
Five months ago I started having non-stop vaginal bleeding, but no other symtoms. Because of my age (42) I thought that I best have this checked out. (I had previously been on birth control pills but stop them 2 months earlier because of abnormal thyroid levels.) When I went into the doctor and had tests run a small but simple cyst was found along with a small polyp. The polyp was removed but I continued to bleed until I passed the cyst. Two and a half months later  during a follow-up visit and annual pap, abnormalities were found- I was diagnosed with Chlamydia. My husband and I are both baffled due to the fact that because of spine injuries and pain issues my husband and I have not had sex in a year (we have been married for 5 years). How long can chlaymdia be dormant? Could the ovarian cyst have triggered all of these problems? My doctor said it takes 1-3 weeks for Chlamydia to have symptoms appear. My gut instinct says this cannot be.
It is very possible to get a false-positive test, depending on the type of test the doctor used.  If you haven't been treated yet, go and get an amplification test for chlamydia, which is a very accurate test.  However, if you've already taken the antibiotics, then there's no point.