clindamycin
i am being treated for possible infection of Chlamydia and gonorrhea. I understand its common to treat for both when one is suspected. My problem is that i don't handle antibiotics well. azithromycin is not an option for me. doxycycline is not great either.

So the dr. has given me 10 days of clindamycin to be taken 3 times a day at a dose of 450 mgs. this is fine, i can take clindamycin with no ill effects.

HOWEVER, i have read that this drug is not commonly used to treat std's as there are so many better options. Is clindamycin going to work??? Thanks.
I wouldn't even treat for "possible infection" with either. I'd wait for test results to come back to see if you even have either of them.

clindamycin isn't going to help for either if you should be infected with either of them.  you are wasting your time and money by taking it.  

grace
my partner was infected, so the dr suspects i am also. the dr said i should be treated and tested in a months time to confirm no infection is present.

Why would they prescribe clindamycin if it wont do anything?
You would have to talk with your Dr as to the prescription. We often dislike treatment without confirmed tests because it is subjecting the body to unneccessary antibiotics.