STDs / STIs Community
doctor, hpv test for men

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

doctor, hpv test for men

I live in turkey and I found some laboratories making HPV DNA test on men. I made the test and the result ıs negative
I searched on ınternet and learnt that there is not a FDA approved test form men
but when I read some articles that HPV DNA test can be made on man and give accurate results
it can be made both on sperms or from a semen that ıs taken from urethral part (inside of the penis)
what can you say about these improvements,and isnt the result accurate?

This discussion is related to HSV and HPV testing.
Unfortunately, everything on the internet is not true.  This test could still be under trail.  That would be why the FDA has not approved it. Until it is, US doctors will not provide or offer this test.  Also, it may not have been approved because the FDA does not feel the test has a significant accuracy rate.  Other countries may provide the test, but that has little to do with what is offered in the US.