red rash on pubis with bumps

I found a tiny black bug crawling from my pubic area 5 days ago.  The next day I found another and assumed it was pubic lice.  I treated the area with RID shampoo and washed all clothes and bedding.  And I shaved in hopes of preventing anther infection.

Upon finding that second bug I also noticed a small open sore on my bikini area.  I thought it was another ingrown hair (i get these often) but it became red and raised and itchy.  I scratched it and suddenly in a matter of minutes my entire pubic area (just the pubic bone there are no bumps or sores around my genitals) seemed covered with these itchy raised red bumps like hives.  Today-5 days later the bumps are starting to scab over but they're still slightly itchy and become deeper red/blue/brown and bumpy/raised after a hot shower.  Since the sores are scabbing and they are slightly less itchy do you think I'm healing?  Could this be the sign of some other kind of infection?  Please help, any insight would be much appreciated.

regards
I'd get this checked out.  It could be lice, but it could also be a severe reaction to the RID and shaving after.  

Personally, I wouldn't treat it with anything else till I got it checked out.  If you don't have insurance, call an std clinic or Planned Parenthood.

Aj
Thanks for the advice.  I got checked out and was diagnosed with folliculitis.  I'm still itchy and I have a new sore on my butt that I didn't have before.  I was told that washing the area with a benzoyl peroxide solution would help.  I thought I was having a more serious reaction to the lice - the rash and sores all appeared before using the RID shampoo and before shaving.  But I guess this could be correct.  Does this sound like a proper diagnosis to you?

If I do in fact have folliculitis is there anything else I can do to treat it?  How long should I expect to have symptoms before the itching stops and the sores heal?

regards

I wouldn't presume to venture an opinion on this, as folliculitis isn't an std, and your doctor examined you, not me.

You might want to post in the dermatology forum for more info.

Aj
ok thank you