regarding hepatitis b/c
hello, im a new member in this community.   could anyone help me please.  i have a problem with my husband's condition.  he's positive in hepatitis b virus antigen and his antibodies, are lower than normal.  he did not know where he'd get this virus because he is not a drug user,  and i am his only sexual partner- as far as i know because we live near his work, after work he goes home on time, and during weekends when he's off, we are always together and nothing looks suspicious with him.  as his wife, i passed the hepatitis test. both of us were tested as a requirement in our application for a life insurance cover. when we got the result, we were told he is hepatitis b and c positive. we were confused as to how hes got it so he was tested for the second time by a different laboratory and the result came back as hepatitis c virus antibody negative, hep b virus antigen positive, and low hepatitis b antibody.  i was the one who read the results first and i was just so depressed because we are trying to have a baby and this hepatitis thing has put me off from having intercourse with him,  thinking i might get the disease- though before the tests, we had sexual intercourse since 2003 as a married couple.  i was vaccinated for hepatitis b when i was in college, i completed the course doses and had boosters, so that must be the reason why the insurance company approved my life insurance cover- because nothing abnormal was detected in my blood.  i asked my husband if he can remember any instance that he was pricked or anything like that to get the hbv, he told me his sister had a hepatitis once when they were teenagers and all he can remember was, his family doctor told them he should get a hepatitis vaccine as well so that he will not be infected.  what he received was just one shot and no course doses and no boosters. he thinks that might be the cause of his HBV antigen positive results.  now i am just so  confused. my questions now are these: 1) does he really have hepatitis or not?  2)  does my vaccinations guarantee that it is safe for me to have intercourse with him?  please can anyone enlighten me because i am not thinking really straight right now and i think i need support as i cannot tell anybody with this.
There is a hep community, which would be better to help you in this. Please see the link above that says Forums and click on it, then scroll down till you find hep and post this question there.