std testing while on your period??
i had a full std screening because i've been having discharge and bumps appearing on my vaginal area and all the tests came back negative.. but im still having these symptoms.. but at the time of my testing i was on my period.. so could that have altered the test results or something?? Someone said that it might be a yeast infection but i dont know.. and my doctor said that the bumps may come from shaving but the bumps has been coming and going waaay before i started shaving. and i only shaved once. smh i need help
Don't think that tests are altered from a period, because they look for specific things.
Yeast does sound like a good explaniation. Did you have an exam done?
no but i was diagnosed with a kidney infection
at this point treat your kidney infection obviously and then follow up on things. you can get tested for std's while you have your period - makes no difference at all. What is important is that you waited enough time between the last time you had sex and getting tested.  do you know what they tested you for too?

odds are herpes wasn't a part of your std testing. you should follow up with a type specific herpes igg blood test 3 months after the last time you had sex. if you have a regular partner, ask them to go for a full std screening too and to specifically request herpes igg blood testing with it.

being on your period and now being on antibiotics can also increase your odds for a yeast infection in a few weeks. follow up with more testing as needed.

grace