will doxycycline cure syphlis?
June of this year I had unprotected vaginal sex, in Oct I realized that the discharge from my penis was not precum and went to the doctor,had a blood test for HIV and woke up early every morning shaking b/c I though I had HIV. (test results came back neg) The doctor gave me a chlamydia/gon test and started me on 100mg doxycycline twice a day for 10 days. The test came back neg for chlamydia and gon. on the 9th day of my meds I ejaculated blood one time. ever since I have no discharge and my glands are not swollen anymore niether have I ejaculated blood. Could I have become infected with syphilis with out a sore? I have never had any type of sore on my genital area. Could I have been infected with herpes and not show any symptoms as well. I have no symptoms right now 5 months after unprotected sex and have had protected sex with only one person the prior 5 years before incounter. what are the chances that I have syphilis, herpees or some other infection with out symptoms? also can doxycycline kill syphilis bacteria? Thank you for your time
Syphilis will always present with a sore. If you are concerned with syphilis you can always test for it.