STDs Community
******* Risk?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

******* Risk?

Hi.  Just got out of a long relationship.  Met girl yesterday at party.  She is planning on coming over tomorrow to give me a blowjob.  

I don't really know her or her sexual history.  Generally speaking, what is the STD risk of receiving a blowjob?  Is it generally advisable to wear a condom during the act if I am unsure of the person's health status?

What STDs specifically am I at risk of from just a blowjob?

thanks.
First of all, congratualtions on scoring the future BJ!  

Unfortunately you're faced with a dilema.  You have a chance of aquiring Gonorrhea and NGU from and unprotected BJ.  Although most people will tell you this is a low risk activity, the people who have contracted NGU will tell you that it's not very fun having NGU and if they had to do it all over again, they wouldn't get unprotected BJ's.  In addition, you also risk the chance of persistent NGU, which again, isn't fun to deal with.  

If it were me, I'd do everything protected until you know her little better and her STD status.  Don't be affraid to discuss it with her, it's the responsible thing to do for yourself.  That's just my opinion though.