STDs Community
You CAN get Herpes from waxing
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

You CAN get Herpes from waxing

I have talked with the  STD Dr's at my local county health dept, a DR that specializes in Virology  and  with my personal Gynocologist and  its they all confirmed that you absolutely CAN get Herpes from getting a brazilian wax. The wax is NOT heated  to a degree that kills the herpes. In fact , it is kept at a  nice warm temperature that the virus thrives in.  

This discussion is related to Worried about brazilian bikini wax.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Hi there -

There is some debate about this, but if your salon practices good technique, this shouldn't be an issue.  Many salons are now doing no "double dipping", where they use a new wax for each client.

AJ
Blank
Hey there,
Yes there are issues with contracting bacteria, viruses and fungi infections from brazillian waxes if safe practices are not complied with.  As a beauty therapist and very passionate about this issue there are several ways that I know of as being safe practice. 1) Not returning a wax stick back to the wax pot once it has been placed on the client/person/therapist, or you can double dip into a one use container and then throw out the wax that has been contaminated out as well as the stick, 3) Wear gloves when waxing, 4) Wear new gloves for different sections of the body (ie lip to genital etc), there are probably more but can't think of them at moment. What worries me as a therapist is that there are laws and regulations on these issues and exployers knowingly disregard them to increase their margins.  There are award winning salons where this practice goes on...horrifying.
Concerned
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank