STDs Expert Forum
? rash from syphillis(syphilis)?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

? rash from syphillis(syphilis)?

6 Months ago I had unprotected oral sex with a prostitute, and then protected vaginal sex. Day 1 after the exposure I took azithromax 2 grams, and 5 days of doxycylcine 100 bid.  
5 1/2 weeks later, my sed rate, c-reactive protein and white count was normal. I also was tested for HSV/HIV/gonorehea/syphillis. Everything was normal. I never had any genital lesions.
For Two months now, I have had a rash on my shoulders and upper chest.  It will not clear. It is small (3-5 mm pimples) that necrose and bleed, heal within  3-4 days. Now my wife has the rash on her face. Could I have given her syphillis (syphilis)?

1) How well would azithromax and doxy taken within 24 hrs prophylax against syphillis (syphilis)?
- how often do people miss the lesion of primary syphillis (syphilis)?
2) Was 5 weeks too soon to screen for sypillis? I used quest laboratories and the tSTD website.
3)Would my white count and sed rate etc be normal with acute syphillis (syphilis)?
4) I think I am being paranoid. Would secondary syphillis (syphilis) cause a two month rash with mildlyswollen axillary nodes?
5) Do i need to be tested again? I am praying I didn't give my wife anything . Thanks for your patience and help